Terms and Conditions
By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted the following terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions are entering you into and forms your contract with Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training.
Classes, Training & Consultations
- You are required to follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions and asked not use equipment when your trainer is not present and only when instructed to do so.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training. To attend group sessions dog must be suitably vaccinated and not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian and do not attend a group session or partake in training. Please notify email@example.com of any potential health issues your dog may have asap.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training and are required to clean up after your dog should they go to the toilet.
- We request that you pick up/clean up after your dog/s should it go to the toilet in the surrounding areas. Please do not allow dogs to urinate or defecate in the training area or on the equipment – however accidents do happen, so let your trainer know asap to ensure that the area can be washed down accordingly.
- Please keep dog/s on a suitable flat collar/harness and lead at all times, unless directed otherwise by your trainer.
- Please respect the personal space of other dogs and ensure you stand at an appropriate distance, until your trainer advises you to carry out the correct social introductions.
- Equipment is designed for dog use only and best behaviour pet behaviour training takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment being used.
- Please inform your trainer before your training session if your bitch is in season. As depending upon suitability, she may not be able to attend that session.
- We use reward based training therefore harsh handling will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to request any persons to leave the premises or cease the session if they are abusive to any other person or dog. The use of equipment such as prong or choke chain collars, slip leads or extendible leads is banned in any sessions carried out with Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training. If you would like any help with selecting equipment please let Natashya Shepppard know. Please ensure you have lots of tiny tasty healthy treats to use during the session and a suitable toy whilst attending training.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or a dog must be reported immediately to the trainer. Please note Best Behaviour, Pet Behaviour Training does not accept any liability for loss or damage to persons or their property whilst they are working together.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Family members are always welcome in classes and training/behaviour consults. Please note all children under 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Lastly enjoyment of all classes, training and consultations is desirable so if you are unhappy with any service please do inform Natashya Sheppard so she can try to resolve the issue.
Bookings and Payments
- Payment of fees are expected via bank transfer or paypal at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment within 24 hours will result in the booking being cancelled.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days beginning the moment you place your order. However, there is no right of cancellation when the class, one to one or behaviour consultation begins within this 14 day period.
- There is no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Classes, courses and packages – upon booking and having made your choice of dates these will then be fixed. For your dogs benefit we recommend taking your sessions consecutively, but it is not essential as we do offer some flexibility around holidays etc. Once you have selected your dates they are fixed. We cannot change dates within a period 14 days prior to your first class or at any point during the dates you have chosen. However exceptions can be made upon the discretion and agreement of Natashya Sheppard. We offer a quality training service and to maintain this level of service we have to ensure we have enough bookings to pay for venues and business expenses.
- If your dog comes into season and we do not permit them to attend class, you are welcome to view the class so you can train at home.
- One to One & Behaviour consultations will be subject to an additional mileage charge at 0.45ppm should there be requirement to travel further than a 15 mile radius from the business base.
- Should individual sessions over run their time slot additional fees at the same hourly rate may be chargeable.
- Best Behaviour Dog Training reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but sometimes this is unavoidable, particularly due to weather changes or staff sickness meaning we have to cancel a session. If we know in advance that the weather will not be suitable we will let you know, however, often the weather can be very changeable from hour to hour. If a booking is cancelled for any reason, we will let everyone involved know by email and or text as soon as we can - at least an hour before the start of your session. Whenever possible we will reschedule all the bookings to an alternative session or date. Best Behaviour Dog Training will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the course or cancellations.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class can only be made up to 14 days prior to the start of your first class. Any requests to change must be made in writing by email. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date and may incur an additional fee. However, transfers are subject to availability and Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training is not obliged to ensure suitable alternatives are available.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by email. If you call to cancel an email will still be required to fulfil the terms set out here. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend a course the full course fees are payable and non-refundable after booking.
- If the participant misses two sessions of a course and fails to advise Best Behaviour Dog Training they cannot attend, they will forfeit the entire booking and no refund is available.
- If the participant cancels within the allotted timeframe set by the Consumer rights act a £15 admin charge will be deducted from the refund.
- You are required to give a minimum of 24 hours notice of cancellation of a one to one session, and no refunds will be issued. Under the discretion of Natashya Sheppard the session may be moved to another time slot, subject to suitable availability.
- If you do not give 24 hours notice the session will be forfeited without refund and a new booking will be required.
- The information you provide Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training will only be used as a record of you and your dog, and to contact you in relation to dog behaviour and training activities that Best Behaviour is offering. We guarantee that no personal information will not be passed on to any third parties unless your permission has been granted accordingly.
- Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training send out occasional email’s and newsletter to assist you and inform about future training. If you do not wish to receive this information please unsubscribe by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions and when posting on the Best Behaviour Facebook page you give Best Behaviour Pet Behaviour Training permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against Best Behaviour Dog Training with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of these materials.
Issued and updated 27th July 2018
Incorporating GDPR April 2018